Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Test of Faith by Christa Allan

Test of FaithTest of Faith by Christa Allan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I've never read anything by Christa Allan before I wasn't sure what to expect. It was also Christian based too, which I don't mind as long as authors don't keep bashing it down your throat and use it as an excused to 'preach'.

This was NOT like that. I really, thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I found it a bit slow to take off at the beginning, but as time went on and you stick with it, then it opens up a brilliant crafted read.

This is a woman who has a good life, good home and a husband with a high powered career, in the Political limelight and of course, that means she is too.

When they married, they sort of agreed not to have any children, her husband, later in the story tells us why. However, she gets a bit maternal and would like to pursue that avenue but of course, its a dead end.

Later comes a 'blast from the past' that could really rock her and Logan's world.

There is a lot more to this story, but to tell you would spoil your read.


I was granted a complimentary book by Abingdon Press via Net Galley in exchange for my honest review. This does not reflect on my opinion or viewpoint of what I read.

I would highly recommend this to you, as I said, its a bit slow in the beginning but its well worth it.


Without warning, Elle Butler s 15-year-old secret named Faith shows up on her doorstep. Abandoned by her adoptive mother, Faith sets off a chain reaction that threatens to destroy the fragile balance of Elle s life with her husband, Langdon, who is campaigning for State Representative. Already damaged by the stress of his campaign, their marriage is fractured even more when Elle reveals that not only did she give up a baby for adoption, but that the child is Langdon s. Faith is the daughter he never knew he had. As the three battle the gauntlet of challenges brought on by their unplanned reunion, they carefully navigate the watchful eyes of an unforgiving political public.

Trying to forge her way back to her husband, Elle runs into the God she thought had abandoned her. And when Faith s adoptive father returns, Elle and Langdon learn true selflessness in helping Faith finally find her way home.









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment