Monday, 12 May 2014

Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reading another book in the light of another POV doesn't leave me with the same eagerness. However, I must say that Colleen Hoover really pulled it off.

I'm a bit of a critic for the new generation of authors doing these POVS by pages/chapters/....yet another book as it seems mostly repetitive and could easily have been integrated in normal story telling.

I have to say though, this author pulled it off for me. OK a few repetitive times/moments when I yawned, but then the author threw in bits I didn't know which perked me up treading again.

I think it was vital to have this written as the first book was tied up on on Skye so to read from his POV tied a lot of loose ends up for me.

Highly recommended, skilfully written.

Thank you Atria Books for allowing me to read this complimentary book







In the follow-up to Colleen Hoover’s #1 New York Times bestseller Hopeless, the charming and irresistible Dean Holder tells the passionate story that has melted thousands of hearts.

In Hopeless, Sky left no secret unearthed, no feeling unshared, and no memory forgotten, but Holder’s past remained a mystery.

Still haunted by the little girl he let walk away, Holder has spent his entire life searching for her in an attempt to finally rid himself of the crushing guilt he has felt for years. But he could not have anticipated that the moment they reconnect, even greater remorse would overwhelm him…

Sometimes in life, if we wish to move forward, we must first dig deep into our past and make amends. In Losing Hope, bestselling author Colleen Hoover reveals what was going on inside Holder’s head during all those hopeless moments—and whether he can gain the peace he desperately needs








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment