Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Clarity by Loretta Lost

ClarityClarity by Loretta Lost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was really looking forward to reading this book and wondered how the author would handle a girl being blind and being raped.

I found the author handled it excellently without too much detail that horrifies, although we all know rape is horrific.

But just to say to any potential readers, details are left out and left to your imagination. It was terrible for someone who is blind relying on someone else who seems `nice` to be so evil.

Helen comes across as a very strong person. Working through her own therapy just doesn't seem right, and later we can see why.

I could see what was going to happen at the end that everyone is calling a `cliffhanger` I personally wouldn't call it that, more like a stop before the next installment, which I may add I'm looking forward to seeing what happens and where this is leading to.

I agree with one of the reviewers though, small irritation to me were the two doctors who came across as teenagers. I laughed at they're antics and banter but confused over the sense of it. I'm hoping the next book balances this out for me.

I really liked this book and yes! would recommend it.


Fiercely independent Helen Winters was born completely blind, but she vowed never to let her disability keep her down. She did not expect a traumatic event to devastate her life and force her to drop out of college. Disillusioned by the cruelty of people, Helen retreated from society to live by herself as a reclusive writer in the woods—where no one could ever hurt her again.

When a brilliant young doctor shows up on her doorstep, promising her that his new research can give her the ability to see for the first time, Helen stubbornly refuses. She has learned not to trust anyone, and to rely only on herself. But Dr. Liam Larson will not take no for an answer. He makes it his personal mission to rescue Helen from her loneliness, and bring joy into her world once more—the joy she has denied herself for so long.

When Helen’s demons come racing back into her life, threatening to rip her apart and destroy the strength she has carefully rebuilt, Liam is the only one who might be able to save her.

Can he reach the broken girl in time, helping her to heal and see the world in a different light? Or will Helen’s grief send her spiraling out of control, lost to him forever?








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment