Saturday, 31 May 2014

Chasing Hope by Amy Daws

Chasing Hope (Chasing, #1)Chasing Hope by Amy Daws
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, I didn't know how I would get on reading this book as its a wee bit close for comfort. I lost a baby after 3 days of it being born, OK this was miscarriages, however, a baby is a baby and the emotions are the same.

I felt for every baby she lost. It must have been awful, the descriptive details in this book was horrendous and on occasion I had tears in my eyes for her and her husband.

I did think her husband was very supportive. And the emotions that were going through this authors head and heart were heartbreaking, but at the same time, uplifting.

A friend of mine years ago found it hard to get pregnant and when she did, she miscarried. I at the time was newly pregnant and I didn't know how to tell her.

Things like that come out in this book, however, people don't mean to be insensitive. There were many comments in this book that Amy Daws thought were awful and not well thought through so appeared to her to be insensitive. I learnt when my baby died, people just didn't connect their tongues to their brains, but, they meant well. Of course, we who have loss, we are more sensitive to others commments and reactions, but looking back, I knew that I would have been exactly the same. I still am. No one means any malice from comments at a persons misfortune or hurt.

I can't say I "enjoyed" reading this book as that would be the wrong word to use as its a subject matter that is close to many women's [and men's] hearts. I can say that it is well written, well documented, you can see the strength that both husband and wife pull on throughout these five [yes five] miscarriages. At the end knowing that there were reasons and help for her to carry a baby to full term.

I would recommend this book, but know that its a sensitive subject.



At 33 weeks pregnant, Amy is certain something bad will soon happen, it had too many times before. Deep down she fears it’s only a matter of time before the baby she’s carrying will die. Despite the fact that Amy had been repeatedly slapped in the face with multiple miscarriages, she still can’t seem to quiet that tiny voice in the back of her head that’s screaming at her to not give up hope. 
Follow Amy’s true story as she stumbles through her journey with humor and warmth, all while dealing with the neuroses that came along with getting her hopes shattered time and time again. All she has to do is close her eyes and she’s lurched back to the memories of her losses; on the floor in her bathroom, in the hospital, and even at her place of work. No one knows what the internal mind of a woman who’d lost five babies and suffered so many let downs goes through. 
Can Hope ever truly survive memories such as these?






View all my reviews

1 comment: