Saturday, 24 May 2014

Broken Identity by Sarah Jae Foster

Broken IdentityBroken Identity by Sarah Jae Foster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have been lucky to have read one other of Sarah Jae Foster's books before and I really enjoyed it.

This subject matter was something that interested me as it was written in a faith based Christian sort of take on it. I know when this happens in marriage, 9/10 it destructs the marriage. It takes one partner to destroy a marriage with an affair. I've never experienced this but have been a witness to it.

I have also been a witness to it within a religious organisation which I am no longer a part of. I supposed my curiosity got the better of me in this one!

I thought this author handled it very well. For me or you that have no faith [maybe] and not following Bible based principles of saving a marriage and the forgiveness factor based on Biblical quotes, could it possibly work and be able to put the affair, the mistrust, the lack of confidence that a partner feels when she/he is 'cheated' on along with a hundred thousand kinds of feelings. You will need to read this book to find out.

I know it can be done, I know of a couple who did this, not easily. But they are still married 22 years later.

Its a very thought provoking read as marital breakdowns are vast, so it does make you think deeply.

Loved the book.


A Christian woman has an affair.

It’s a betrayal beyond mention.

She stands to lose everything.

Mona Leigh Anderson, a good mother and even better wife, is unaware that her tidy and sheltered world is going to explode into a thousand pieces. And by her own hand, she launches the grenade of destruction.

Brian Anderson is a principled man, a leader in the church. Never in all his days did he believe his marriage could come to such a heart-rending testing of his faith, although this is exactly what he’s about to endure.

Damaged by deception and infidelity, Mona and Brian seek to repair the mistrust between them because that is the right thing to do. But can they truly let go of the past and of the most egregious of marital sins, and survive in this world of seduction?








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment