Monday, 28 April 2014

Choices by S.R. Cambridge

ChoicesChoices by S.R. Cambridge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this book to read in exchange for my honest review.

I was looking forward to reading this book due to its contents.
Rotten abusive husband + marital affair. How would that equal out I wondered.
I won't give the game away on that one, but it made for real interesting reading, there is no one that would 100% agree with an affair when married with children surely?

This topic was handled in such a way that it made me think. OK, bad abusive husband, does this mean that I should find someone else to fill the gap, take me away from it all? Or should I be sorting my life out to protect my children.

The girlfriends conversations in this story made me laugh sometimes, taking me away from the serious aspect of the topic.

I thought the author did a very good job with the story, the only thing that let it down was the formating, but I have been in contact and its being addressed, so on that merit I have given it 4 stars.

This is fiction, I reminded myself. But the aspect of how she threw herself into the affair with a younger man whilst seeking love, comfort and happiness with not only sexual abandon but family abandon left me breathless. Yes fiction, but I kept saying, "she's a Mom".

Seeking happiness away from her abusive long term husband into the arms of someone else made me think, where on earth was all this going to end. Surely she should have ran out on her marriage, ended it, found happiness that way and for her children?

You will have to read this book to see which she chooses.

Just wait until the format is corrected.

One never truly knows what goes on behind closed doors in a marriage. On the surface Laurel Brittingham’s life is idyllic but when you dive below the sparkling facade and submerge yourself within the murky, slimy sand at the bottom, life is never as it appears. 
Laurel is a devoted, loving and loyal wife and mother. She married her high school sweetheart and created three new young lives during her marriage to Paul, all the while denying and avoiding the role his demons played in their marriage. Laurel’s only saving support system, other than her three children is her rewarding career as a nurse and her three gal pals that she cherishes beyond words. Addictions, anger and emotional abuse are the cornerstone of her marriage until one day life presents an interesting choice. 
Laurel wasn’t looking for him, she wasn’t seeking him out. Laurel was loyal; for better or worse weren’t just vows they were a way of life. Fate or destiny introduced a much younger man into her life; a much younger man who was also the son of a good friend. Brandon turned her world and her heart inside out and upside down. Their love was undeniable and soul mending. 
Unfortunately, everything has a price. Their relationship unravels a web of lies, betrayal, abduction and deceit. What Laurel doesn’t know is how close to home this ugly web of lies comes. Laurel begins to travel down a path of shocking truths with twists and surprises she never fathomed, even saving a soul she never thought possible. She’s forced to make choices that will affect her family, her friends, and her happiness but most importantly may destroy the very life she holds dearest.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment