Sunday, 9 March 2014

The One Left Behind by Lena Nicole

The One Left Behind (The One Series, #1)The One Left Behind by Lena Nicole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


MY REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

I was given this as an ARC to read and review. This never reflects on my reviews, I say it as it is and how I personally feel about what I have just read. Reviewers should be honest, and if any critical avenues about a book, should be explained and not an attack, I hope that is how I always approach my books reviews, now that being said........

I just wish I could give this book more stars!

I thoroughly enjoyed this read and was glued to my Kindle from start to finish with the exception of a cup of tea break and making a meal for my family!

Addison is engaged to Colin, and ready to move out of her condo to his when they are both involved in an accident. Colin makes it with cuts and bruises but Addison is left with no memory of being with Colin, her friends and many other things. The hope for it returning was awaited for by Colin, meanwhile, Colin is finding this so difficult to cope with, seeing Addison, having to be 'just friends' with her. She inturn finds it hard to be around him as obviously she has no feelings for him and feels she is 'expected' to behave in certain ways. But she has to move on. So its decided with several talks to her Father and her friends that maybe she should just live in the 'now'. Meanwhile, she meets Pierce. She doesn't want to get involved with him, and he with her as he knows she has enough to contend with, but the inevitable happens, so now we have:
Colin....who was her fiance
Pierce...who is he new friend and knows her as now and not 'then'
Addison... who just wants to move on as she can't remember her past so no option.

This equals:
Colin in turmoil
Pierce in love
Addison confused.

Her memory doesn't come back until.........

You will have to read this fantastic book to find out!

Current to me posting this review, this book in the UK is ONLY 49p, its worth far more than that, get it NOW!



Colin and Addison are on their way home when they are caught in a vicious car accident. While Colin walks away with minimal injuries, Addison suffers from a traumatic brain injury causing her to lose her short-term memory. She can’t remember the night of the accident. She doesn’t remember being engaged. She doesn’t remember Colin at all. 

While Addison rebuilds her life, Colin struggles with the fact that the love of his life doesn’t remember him. 
When Addison meets Pierce, the one person who doesn’t have an ulterior motive, the one person she can talk to openly, Colin thinks his life may be over. 

Will Addison’s memory return in time for her to save her relationship with Colin? Or is it gone forever, leaving her free to love Pierce?




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment