Wednesday, 12 March 2014

The Memory Child by Steena Holmes

The Memory ChildThe Memory Child by Steena Holmes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Steena Holmes since discovering the first book I have read by her, Finding Emma.

I was really looking forward to reading this book. The title interested me, as did the cover. I read the blurb and I was hooked in.

As soon as I opened the first couple of pages I could tell this was going to be a book I was going to enjoy, after all, intriguing title, have read a book by Steena Holmes before, the blurb sounding great.

I just love how this authors gets right inside the characters heads.

Brian is over the moon that his wife Diane is pregnant. Diane is into her carer though and finding it hard to adjust to even wanted this baby. She also has a dark family secret that comes out in this book showing how the past can very much mould us. And our future.

I can't say too much about the book and storyline as it would be giving too much away. Its not as straight forward as it seems. I'd put this down to a book verging on a huge big twister of events.

When Brian has to go to London, Diane tries to reach him with sent photo's of their daughter Grace, yet Brain never replies.

All is not what it seems though and although halfway through the book you KNOW some things are just not adding up, and little sentences are being dropped here and there, at times you don't realise that the clues are there. Nothing is at straight forward as it seems, you've been warned!

I just ADORED this book. I REALLY did.

Would I recommend it? Hell yes!
Would I purchase it? definitely YES.
Would I recommend it to family and friends? Most definitely AMEN TO THAT!
***I was given this book to read by Amazon Publishing for an honest review***


When Brian finds out that his wife, Diane, is pregnant, he is elated. He's been patiently waiting for twelve years to become a father. But Diane has always been nervous about having children because of her family's dark past. The timing of the pregnancy also isn't ideal - Diane has just been promoted, and Brian is being called away to open a new London office for his company. 

Fast-forward one year: being a mother has brought Diane a sense of joy that she'd never imagined and she's head over heels for her new baby, Grace. But things are far from perfect: Brian has still not returned from London, and Diane fears leaving the baby for even a moment. As unsettling changes in those around Diane began to emerge, it becomes clear that all is not as it seems. 

A woman's dark past collides head-on with her mysterious present in this surreal and gripping family drama



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment