Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 7 March 2014

The Heart Knows What the Heart Wants by Lori L. Clark

The Heart Knows What the Heart WantsThe Heart Knows What the Heart Wants by Lori L. Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was given this book to read as part of a blog tour.

This storyline I enjoyed. I can't say it was fantastic, as I read so many book's and I try not to make comparisons, but there are some really good contenders out there.

It may be my humble opinion but the POV chapters these days are getting so popular or it may be me getting old! but I much prefer to just READ and not know what one person is thinking and then the other persons point of view on the same matter in the next chapter, that was the ONLY thing that put me off and get me frustrated.

Apart from that, I enjoyed the story. Nicely written, nicely rounded out, bit of a hurried ending. But Lori L Clark has a good way of writing, just needs to round things out a bit.

Star was a great character, bit OTT at times about her age and grey hair and wrinkles [wait until she reaches my age then moan!!] but that could be attributed to the ex and her lack of self esteem.

I really got peed off with that ex. I would have loved to have had Star and and her fella rounded off a little more. But that's just my take on it.



Estelle "Star" Falconé, a thirty-year-old tattooed bartender, was once a free-spirited dreamer who dabbled in astrology for fun and secretly dreamed of becoming a rock-star some day.

Twenty-one-year-old Shane Harper was once the star of his high school basketball team. With a full ride scholarship, his dream was to play college basketball and study astronomy. When a tragic car accident permanently sidelines his basketball career, college is out of the question.

Sparks fly when their two worlds collide.

Can a relationship survive between a thirty-year-old starry-eyed woman who's on the run from an extremely dangerous man, and a twenty-one-year-old science guy who's hell-bent on protecting her at all cost?

The Heart Knows What the Heart Wants is a 61k word standalone with no cliffhangers.

***Caution*** This book is not suitable for young readers. It is intended for mature adults only (18+) containing adult situations, non-consensual sex and violence. This is a complete, standalone novel. Coming March 6th, 2014






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment