Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

PREVIOUSLY LOVED TREASURES, The Serendipity Series

PREVIOUSLY LOVED TREASURES, The Serendipity Series Book TwoPREVIOUSLY LOVED TREASURES, The Serendipity Series Book Two by Bette Lee Crosby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was overjoyed when Bette Lee Crosby contacted me and asked if I wanted to Beta read this for her! I couldn't sit still, it came in at the right time, I had just that moment finished reading a book and about to add my review on that one.

I started reading it that very evening. I didn't get to sleep until the early hours of the morning as Ida's life pulled me right in with her. When she started to take in lodgers to make ends meet I was hooked even then.

The Previously Loved Treasures reminded me a little of the Old Curiosity Shop years ago I read [Wordsworth Classic] in some parts.
Although this book is really real, it can be quite magical once you arrive at the Previously Loved Treasures outlet. I loved it!

Bette Lee Crosby has such a powerful way with words, but gentle at the same time.

If you haven't picked up a book by this author, you should. I know many who has said to me "who?" and then I have recommended one of this authors books and they have loved it. No one is disappointed with this authors books. A truly remarkable author. Unique story teller who can write about anything, any era, any person and breath life, reality and realism into it.

My reviews are my own. They never reflect on whether I am given a book as a complimentary, or if I purchase one, I treat all of my reads the same, seriously, and with honesty.


In Previously Loved Treasures recently widowed Ida Sweetwater and her granddaughter come together in a heartwarming mystery rich with imagination and magic. 

Struggling to make ends meet, Ida turns her home into a boarding house and goes in search of used furniture. This quest leads to the Previously Loved Treasures shop and Peter Pennington, a delightfully strange proprietor who anticipates people’s needs. In addition to bargains, Peter hands out sage advice. When a pocket watch belonging to one of the residents goes missing for a second time he warns of danger—but will Ida’s granddaughter listen and will she heed his advice?

This is a story that resonates with Crosby’s heartwarming albeit quirky characters and the joy of a pay-it-forward philosophy

I WILL MAKE LINKS AVAILABLE AS SOON AS THE BOOK IS OUT, DUE APRIL 14TH




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment