Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 15 March 2014

Covered in Coal by Silla Webb COMING SOON

Covered in Coal (Buried Secrets, #1)Covered in Coal by Silla Webb
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have had to give this read 5 stars. It was a breath of fresh air to me to read a well written book with dialogue as a person speaks. Not everyone speaks the perfect Queens English, and I'm a great believer in keeping things real even if it IS FICTION! It has to be believable, and this story was. I can't get past the fact that this is her first novel. I want to read more!!!

I'm off the old school of readers, I'm middle aged and remember when authors used to jump right into dialogue on page one! I also remember that my favourite books were those that had plenty of dialogue, and spoken on the voice of where ever that person came from. So this author really gave me a lot of satisfaction from this book.

The characters were brilliantly played out. If I have just one little critic, that would be some repetitive issues when writing POV. I found it needless on both side. But that is me, that doesn't mean it lacked anything less for me. I absolutely loved it LOVED IT LOVED IT and I hope I get to read book 2.

What did I get from this story?

I got the fact that most times, we can leave people, but we can't leave ourselves.
I got that, all families have secrets, some bigger than others.
I got that, allowing others to interfere and control our decisions are not always the right decisions and the adviser is sometimes wrong and will live to regret it, but not half as much as the person whose life it is.

Do I recommend this book?

HELL YES!

Carly Jo Simon believed that Colton Weston was her future, but he shattered her heart into tiny pieces. Just like any little girl would, she assumed her daddy would always be by her side. Unbelievably, he turned his back on her when she needed him most, leaving her with no one in her life to turn to for support. Without options, Carly runs away from the only home she's ever known, leaving behind her heartache and the betrayal of the two men she loved most.

Seven years later, Carly reluctantly returns to Kentucky. Her daddy is dying of cancer and Colton is nothing like the boy she once loved and left. After her daddy passes, Carly must uproot her life in South Carolina and take control of Simon Coal Company, where she has no choice but face the pain of her past.

Can Carly keep her secrets buried deep beneath the black Kentucky coal and her heart safe from the fiery Colton Weston?





ALL LINKS WILL BE MADE ACTIVE ONCE BOOK IS RELEASED

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment