Sunday, 16 February 2014

Worth It by Nicki DeStasi

Worth ItWorth It by Nicki DeStasi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start off by saying how I got to read this book.

My friend Philomena, we manage an authors Facebook page together called 2 friends promote with authors. We also have a Facebook page where we add our reviews, along with each of us separately running our own blogs. We also help out with Blog Tours.

Philomena has a blog tour, whereupon she read and reviewed this book, seeing her review and knowing we have similar tastes, I decided to purchase it.

Now to the book!

Once opening the book I was lead right into very deeply the content of this story. As soon as I started to read this I just knew, by experience that I was going to love this to the end. I knew it had left Philomena gasping and I thought she was exaggerating. SHE WASN'T.

WORTH IT. She didn't think she was WORTH IT. No one treated her like she was WORTH IT. So she had no confidence, self esteem and she felt WORTHLESS. I was inside Anna, I was walking in her footsteps, felt her pain, felt her torture and felt heard in my head her reflections on the aftermath of things that happened to her. WORTH IT, she felt WORTHLESS.

I'll move along to when she met Jed, what a fantastic guy. So good for Anna and so patient. I can't give the story away, I feel like rambling on and on and on.......yes its that good.

There is a twist in the story, no...there are a couple of twists.


I was left holding my Kindle to my chest and gasping out loud several times throughout this story, texting my friend Philomena and saying OMG or WTF, I was open mouthed in many places within this book.

You HAVE to read it.

I can't find any other books written by this author Nicki DeStasi, so I am assuming its her debut book, if this is the case, then blimey!!! god help us for any further books from her.

As a reader and reviewer and blogger, I read a lot. I usually go straight into my next book, but this one has blown my socks off, and that only happens on occasions, this is ONE of them.
Anna lives every day the best she can while struggling against the demons that threaten to consume her and drag her back into the darkness of her very troubled past. The last thing she needs right now is a guy, especially one as sweet and sexy as Jed. When the attraction becomes too strong to resist, she gives into it. Even when she knows it’ll only end in disaster and leave her even more her scared and broken than she was before.

Jed wants to find the right woman and he’s drawn to Anna by carnal magnetism, but she also brings out an Alpha side of him that he’s never known. When his alpha rears its head, it triggers memories in Anna and her carefully crafted wall of protection begins to show cracks.

When fate and misunderstandings threaten the already delicate relationship, can they survive? When Anna’s demons threaten to be unearthed and Jed’s inner alpha only seem to make them worse, can they overcome?

Is it even worth it?

Warning: This book contains graphic violence, sex, and adult language.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment