Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Water and Fire by Demelza Carlton

Water and FireWater and Fire by Demelza Carlton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was asked to read this as part of a blog tour.

I read the blurb, found it interesting and thought I would give it a try. Not heard of the author, but that is all part of supporting Indie authors, trying to help get they're book 'out there', and give "honest" reviews and feed back so that they know what the general public's opinions are.

So never forget to give feedback :)

I was drawn into the story right away, it captured my attention. It wasn't the usual love story that you can get, this came slowly. It starts off with Belinda as a midwife helping a lady from a car who is heavily pregnant and had just been in a car crash. What a start to a book! My great gran was a Midwife, and I once wanted to follow in her footsteps so this brought my interest from years ago back to the front of my mind, so I wanted to see what kind of life she had as a Midwife, and if the baby survived.

Then though up pops an Intern. They have a strange relationship at first as they didn't seem suited. As time went on in the book though, I grew to understand why.

The last pages were a shock to me, I kinda knew there was a twist, but didn't realise until almost the end what it was.......

This is a GREAT prelude to the book, highly recommend it.


A steamy contemporary medical romance involving a sexy doctor, a naughty nurse, a midwife on a mission and a mysterious predator in Albany, Western Australia. 

Working as a student midwife in an Australian country hospital is never easy, but Belinda finds more trouble than most.
There's the intern doctor who follows her around like an overgrown puppy, the dangerous local wildlife and her own secrets she must keep. 
When she finds herself without a place to live, what else can possibly go wrong? 
Or is it time for something to go right? 




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading and for taking time to review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and reviewing Water and Fire - I'm thrilled to hear you liked it :D

    ReplyDelete