Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

The Accident by C.L. Taylor

The AccidentThe Accident by C.L. Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

BOOK RELEASED IN APRIL 

I was honoured to read and review this book for the author. I had also received this from HarperCollins UK, Avon Via Net Galley.

I couldn't wait to get around to reading this book as I loved the sound of it. I was not mistaken in my choice.

It starts off in such a way it takes you right into the centre of the story, you need to keep reading, nothing else matters until you finish this book, I am not exaggerating either!

Some of the chapters go back a step in time, but this is NOT confusing, its VITAL to the storyline.

You learn of this woman, who starts off pretty weak, and very dominated and in love to someone who gets stronger. When her past life is left behind, married and with a daughter she has seemingly everything, or does she? I can't give the story away, I won't, because I don't like spoilers myself, so all I am going to say is, that her past comes back to haunt her, and not always in the way you think is straight forward!!! Her immediate family think she's on the verge of another nervous breakdown, but this woman is proving to be stronger than anyone can imagine.

READ IT, you MUST. I can't wait for any other books in the genre C L Taylor writes as I thoroughly enjoyed this book.


The person you trust most may only be telling you half the story …

Fast-paced, suspenseful, this is a book with more twists than a helter-skelter that will keep you reading late into the night. Perfect for fans of Before I Go to Sleep and Gone Girl.

Sue Jackson has the perfect family but when her teenage daughter Charlotte deliberately steps in front of a bus and ends up in a coma she is forced to face a very dark reality.

Retracing her daughter’s steps she finds a horrifying entry in Charlotte’s diary and is forced to head deep into Charlotte’s private world. In her hunt for evidence, Sue begins to mistrust everyone close to her daughter and she’s forced to look further, into the depths of her own past.

There is a lot that Sue doesn’t know about Charlotte’s life. But then there’s a lot that Charlotte doesn’t know about Sue’s …

REVIEWS

‘This fast, twisty psychological thriller has suspense on every page!’ Paula Daly

‘One of the best books I've read in ages – the tension never lets up until the final pages. Page-turning suspense ratcheted up with every new scene. Sub-plots woven in effortlessly. Brilliant – my heart was racing as I drew nearer and nearer to the ending. Such a chilling read. CL Taylor's characters felt so real and the situation so eerily believable that even when I'd finished it, I was left thinking about it for days afterwards. I read it all over a weekend. ‘ Mel Sherratt

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment