Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Seasons of Sorrow by C.C. Wood

Seasons of SorrowSeasons of Sorrow by C.C. Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to say that I found this book very hard to read. My baby didn't die of SIDS but a heart defect after 3 days of living.

I did persevere with the book though as its based on a true account and the authors experiences. I thought, if she could write it, then I figured, I could read it.

I never understood how a marriage could break up over a death, however, this marriage seemed to have been on the rocks prior to anything happening as tragically as loosing a child.

I felt for this Mother every step of the way. Her pain, her blame, her anguish. She was lucky to have a supportive friend around her that looked after the practicalities of every day life and eventually getting her on her feet.

Its poignant, its tragic, is sad, but its also uplifting, which you can see once reading the book. Get out your'e tissues as you are going to need them



Just a few short months after her son’s birth, Charlotte Fallon faces a parent’s worst nightmare. In her darkest hour, she finds herself abandoned by her husband, Derek,left to deal with her heartbreak alone. Jobless and with very little money, she fights to regain her footing.

As the months pass, secrets her husband managed to bury are unearthed and she wonders if she ever truly knew him. As the truth continues to come to light, Derek’s business partner and Charlotte’s friend, Gregory Swift, steps in to help her deal with the repercussions of her husband’s betrayal. 

Seasons come and go, and, as Charlotte begins to return to life, she realizes that she is much stronger than she believed. And while a pain this deep can never be forgotten, Charlotte learns there is room for joy in the future as the wounds heal. Even a winter of sorrow can eventually warm into a summer of sweetness.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment