Saturday, 15 February 2014

Never Say Goodbye: A Novel by Susan Lewis

Never Say Goodbye: A NovelNever Say Goodbye: A Novel by Susan Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was granted this book to read by Random House UK, Cornerstone via Net Galley. I love SUSAN LEWIS.

I didn't realize the book was going to entail cancer. It would have been nice to be have been warned, not that I wouldn't have wanted to read it, but it would have prepared me as many of us have lost a loved one through this awful illness.

I loved the book, I loved the sensitivity of the writing around the time she was diagnosed. I could understand fully why she was reluctant to tell her husband and family, she always had this 'affair' that he had with her best friend in the back of her mind, thinking he only stayed with her because of the children.

The only thing that bored me some of the time was the long drawn out life surrounding it all, it sometimes became a little too detailed.

I would definitely recommend this book, be prepared to get your tissues out though.

For readers of Jodi Picoult, Heather Gudenkauf, and Elizabeth Flock comes a deeply moving novel of  finding friendship and love in the most unexpected of places.

Josie Clarke, a loving wife and mother, struggles to make ends meet by cleaning homes and working at a diner while her husband drives a taxi. Josie’s joy is her two children, just entering adulthood. But with her son recently imprisoned for a crime she is certain he didn’t commit, and her daughter marrying too young, Josie now worries about the future—and wonders if she’ll ever be able to ensure their safety and happiness.

Across town, in a gorgeous house by the sea, successful property developer Bel Monkton lives in comparative luxury. But she has struggles of her own. Since the death of her twin sister more than a year ago, Bel has been unable to rebuild her shattered world, and the troubled past she thought was behind her haunts her ever more. 

Faced with uncertainty and heartbreak, Josie and Bel find each other and a surprising friendship that will change their lives.

Pre order you book now, click the AMAZON logo




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment