Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 24 January 2014

This is How I Find Her by Sara Polsky

This is How I Find HerThis is How I Find Her by Sara Polsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book should be promoted far more than it is.

As a wife of a husband who suffers with this decease and having two grown children now, I see how the effect is on everyone.

This young girl who has a dilemma, live her own life, or care for her Mother. Its a real life situation that happens more than anyone knows.

I've been involved in the Mental Health side for over 30 years and see many children like this, and many Parents who want they're children to lead 'normal' lives.

I absolutely loved this book, the author was so knowledgeable and spot on.
Sophie has always lived her life in the shadow of her mother's bipolar disorder: monitoring medication, making sure the rent is paid, rushing home after school instead of spending time with friends, and keeping secrets from everyone.

But when a suicide attempt lands Sophie's mother in the hospital, Sophie no longer has to watch over her. She moves in with her aunt, uncle, and cousin--a family she's been estranged from for the past five years. Rolling her suitcase across town to her family's house is easy. What's harder is figuring out how to rebuild her life.

And as her mother's release approaches and the old obligations loom, Sophie finds herself torn between her responsibilities toward her mother and her desire to live her own life, Sophie must decide what to do next





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment