Friday, 10 January 2014

Saving Emma by Maria Miller

Saving EmmaSaving Emma by Maria Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this book to read and review by the author.

Its a story of growing up, its a story of a young couple.
He finally makes a name for himself in business which sometimes takes him away from home, and Emma who is now his wife.

Emma comes across to me as a sweet person, but when she gets sick and gets terminal cancer, I would have expected her to moan sometimes about being left all alone sick in her bed. That bit I did find odd. It was ashumed that her brother popped in to check it n her maybe? Its the only explanation I could come up with.

The other issue I had was her husband carrying on working even though his wife was so sick, it seemed acceptable that he rang her to check on her yet Emma was his life.

There were some repedatives at the end which overlapped and the ending chapters seemed a bit over the top.

The story has great potential, but for me personally, it was lacking body, explanation and substance in parts.
Emma is Luke's whole life. When she learns she has cancer, she accepts the traditional treatment. Luke watches miserably as his wife deteriorates slowly. Then he finds doctor who offers a different, unconventional treatment that has been proven to work. But Luke finds it is not so easy to remove his wife from her doctor's care. When he tries to take her out of the hospital, he is stopped by security and then served a restraining order. Now Luke must fight a legal battle for his right to save Emma




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment