Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 12 January 2014

On thin Ice by P J Sharon

On Thin IceOn Thin Ice by P.J. Sharon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book from Net Galley with the approval of the author.

When I first opened this book to start reading it I was expecting the story to revolve around ice skating with its challenges etc
I was pleasantly surprised to see it was very much more than that.

This 17 year old has so much to deal with in her life, her Mother is terminally I'll, she herself is suffering from an eating disorder and on top of this, she's not sure she wants to remain skating for the rest of her life.

Its not all doom and gloom though as towards the end you do get to smile before shutting the book and saying ` What a good read`.

Very well written and the story flowed nicely.

Seventeen year old figure skater Penny Trudeau has secrets. She’s not perfect, as hard as she tries to be. With a mother who is dying and a father who treats her like she’s invisible, Penny has every reason to lie. To escape the life that is spinning out of control, she falls into the arms of an older boy. But when she lies about her age and he finds out the truth, Penny loses the one good thing that has happened in a long time.

Carter McCray is the hockey hunk she falls for, but Carter has his own family drama, and he’s not looking for trouble. Penny proves to be the exception, until the truth comes out and he can’t get past the betrayal—or her father’s threats.

Can Penny find her way back into Carter’s heart, or will she have to face the harsh realities of life on her own? Penny’s choices lead her down a dangerous road and the secrets she’s keeping will change her world forever.





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, thanks so much for the lovely review! Feel free to contact me at pjsharon64(at)gmail(dot)(com) if you have any questions or visit my website to see more of my titles at http://www.pjsharon.com

    ReplyDelete