Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 29 December 2013

The Outcast: a modern retelling of The Scarlet Letter by Jolina Petersheim

The Outcast: a modern retelling of The Scarlet LetterThe Outcast: a modern retelling of The Scarlet Letter by Jolina Petersheim
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*** I was given this book to read and review by Tyndale House Publishers via Net Galley***

Oh WOW

I love Amish reads, I always have, whether its because most are clean reads with depth to storylines, or whatever the reason, this book did not disappoint me one iota.

I've never read THE SCARLET LETTER so I can't compare this read to it, all I know is that its one of the most unique reads I've read this year. Some of the writing is from a deceased persons point of view which I found fascinatingly different.

The midwife comes out in the summer, so I urge you to read this one FIRST.

When Rachel found the answer to her problems, redemption, I was so relieved for her.

This book will have you sat reading all day, and its well worth it!

View all my reviews

BLURB

Raised in an Old Order Mennonite community, Rachel Stoltzfus is a strong-willed single woman, content living apart from mainstream society until whispers stir the moment her belly swells with new life. Refusing to repent and name the partner in her sin, Rachel feels the wrath of the religious sect as she is shunned by those she loves most. She is eventually coerced into leaving by her brother-in-law, the bishop.
But secrets run deep in this cloistered community, and the bishop is hiding some of his own, threatening his conscience and his very soul. When the life of Rachel’s baby is at stake, however, choices must be made that will bring the darkness to light, forever changing the lives of those who call Copper Creek home




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind review, Sue. I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete