Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 15 November 2013

The Awful Mess: A Love Story by Sandra Hutchison

The Awful Mess: A Love StoryThe Awful Mess: A Love Story by Sandra Hutchison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this book from the author Sandra Hutchison in exchange for an honest review.

At first, I thought I was going to be reading yet another sweet and tender happy ever after love story. Not that there is anything wrong with that, there isn't, but I'm not into sickly romance. You know the sort, boy meets girl, they fall in love, they get pulled away from each other or something goes wrong where they end up meeting and marrying someone else......la la la, and then they meet again and everything falls into place, both are single now and they get married and ride into the sunset.

This book isn't what that is about, yes its romance and a love story but its much much much more than that.

I love that the characters are middle aged, my kind of age really and shows that we are all young at heart no matter what life has thrown at us we can still overcome and find joys in our life.

I was hooked from start to finish. The wife of a churchman I thought at the beginning was sick/ill, maybe she was in a certain kind of way, he was so very unhappy. Mary was so determined to remain as she was, the growing companionship between them was warm, slow and fulfilling. The handsome cop brought into the equation was explosive. The problems that fell from this for Mary was so well written.

I did the love the ending, never been skinny dipping!

It had so much in this read I was hooked from start to finish [oh I think I said that] but its true. I stayed up to read more of this. Fell asleep, but woke up a couple of hours later and couldn't get back to sleep so instead of just laying there, I picked up my Kindle and finished the book.

I think I've got another author to add to my favourite list and yes, most definitely I would read another of Sandra Hutchison's book. This book was my kind of read.



View all my reviews

BLURB
In this witty and suspenseful update of The Scarlet Letter, self-proclaimed "heathen" Mary Bellamy arrives in a small town and quickly gets caught up in the lives of an unhappily-married Episcopal priest and a handsome town cop. Soon she's facing a crushing job loss, a scandalous pregnancy, a painful secret, and a dangerous ex. Can Mary arrive at any kind of redemption ... or is this awful mess her last?



No comments:

Post a Comment