Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Amanda Gatton Honest review

Secondhand Mom by amanda gatton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was given this as an ARC to read. I finally got around to reading this as my list is quite long, I was so going to enjoy this book, looking at the blurb it seemed like something I would enjoy, my type of read.

The good side to this story was that it had all the potential of making it into a really good "book", the author writes well, good story teller, great plot.
By the time I was 'into' the book it was over. I knew the book was going to be short as the author did explain this to me, but its one of the shortest I have read so far. I was disappointed when it ended.

I did read this within 10 minutes whilst drinking a cup of coffee and a couple of biscuits. I would love to have had this book turned into a novel, which I have discovered from the author it is going to be, so I am waiting for that day to come as I did enjoy the contents, it just needed expanding and building on for me. Lovely story, far too short, its worth more than that. The author is an excellent author who has a good writing ability.

I suppose, although the book was short, and I did have knowledge of this, I wanted more I guess because it was so good.
It started off great, the middle bit was getting even more interesting..............
then it happened, it was like someone had waved a magic wand and the story was over, alls well that ends well.

I NEVER am harsh with my reviews, but I have to say, I am gobsmacked at the author actually calling it a book, its not even a short story. Its like one of those quick reads you get in Woman's magazines that you can pick up to read quickly while waiting for a train or bus. Or in the GP'S surgery.

My apologies to the author for my being so blunt, but I am honest and this is how I felt.

View all my reviews


**I HAVE BEEN READING AND REVIEWING IN MY SPARE TIME TO HELP INDIE AUTHORS AND OF COURSE I ENJOY GETTING SOME REALLY GOOD BOOKS TO READ IN RETURN. I DO THIS WITH NO MONETARY GAIN. I'M NEVER HARSH OR ATTACK AN AUTHOR, I TRY TO BE RESPECTFUL AND ITS HARD FOR ME TO WRITE A REVIEW WHERE I KNOW IT WON'T BE A FULL PACK OF 5 STARS, ITS RARE FOR ME TO GIVE 3 OR BELOW, I HAD TO ON THIS ONE FOR VARIOUS REASON. ALL MY REVIEWS ARE OF MY OWN VIEWS ON THE BOOKS I READ....THIS HAS RESULTED IN THE AUTHOR MESSAGING ME ALL DAY TODAY AND ASKING ME TO TAKE THE REVIEW DOWN. I SAID I WOULD REVIEW MY REVIEW, WHICH I DID, HOWEVER, SHE SEES MY REVIEW AS AN ATTACK ON HER AS A PERSON. IT WAS A GOD AWFUL DAY I WENT THROUGH WITH LOTS OF MESSAGES AND BEING BULLIED, BUT I THINK I AM ENTITLED TO MY REVIEW AS SHE ASKED ME FOR AN "HONEST" ONE WHICH SHE HAS RECEIVED.  SHE HAS NOW BLOCKED ME ON FACEBOOK"

No comments:

Post a Comment