Wednesday, 6 November 2013

BEV IRWIN ----Without Consent

Without ConsentWithout Consent by Bev Irwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh wow ! I was so into the zone with this one. A thriller that sent shivers down my spine.
When I first started reading it I was cringing, ah yuk, I was so imagining the procedure.. As time went on and I read more, time just slipped me by.
I got up early this morning so that I could finish the last few chapters.
I was so saying urrgghhh as how could they do this. And when bodies were found, I was finding myself actually `seeing` them. I then realised that was because of the remarkable writing of this author. The description, the surroundings, the people involved, the emotions, forensics etc etc were so interwoven without you noticing that it became a film in my mind.
Yes there was romance in the book, but it wasn't what I describe Mills and Boon (not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with Mills and Boon lol) just that instead of happy ever after the reader wasn't insulted by intelligence. You will know what I mean when you purchase it and read it.

Well plotted, medical side was intriguing.

I received this book from the author as an ARC for my honest review.

View all my reviews

BLURB

She found the first victim...now she might be the next. In South-Western Ontario a crafty, vicious psychopath is at work excising the kidneys of the women he abducts. Doctor Claire Valincourt, recently jilted, finds his first victim and assists with the autopsy. But little does she know the killer has his sights on her, too. Relationship-jaded Detective Gerry Rosko desperately searches for a serial killer who is on a quest of his own-the hunt for a perfect kidney for the terminally ill mother he tends. Will Rosko track him down before Claire becomes his next victim




No comments:

Post a Comment