Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Maureen Mayer RELINQUISHING LIBERTY

Relinquishing Liberty (Second Chances, #1)Relinquishing Liberty by Maureen Mayer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted the ARC of this book from the author Maureen Mayer. I wanted to read and review it and excited to do so.

I loved her style of writing, and one thing that stood out to me was, her care in the format. I do notice this smallest things I know, but each title used a lovely font to introduce each chapter, it made it stand out to me. I think that is what made the book classy for me. I read a lot of ebooks, and sometime, no most times, authors do not give the care of presentation any thought or much thought, so this stood out to me. Maybe just a little thing to notice, but taught me a lot of this author.

The story was superb. How many of us have lost someone in death and find it hard to get close to people again. I know this has been true for me.

I don't want to write spoilers, its not my style, its the authors job to keep us gripped from page to page and the blurb says more than enough to perk our interest.

You know, the ending wasn't what I was expecting at all, it turned a corner right at the last few pages, so now I can't wait to read book 2.

Liberty was such a good character, feisty when she needed to be and soft in other ways, yes this book was HOT HOT HOT in places but it made it live. Loved it. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment