Saturday, 19 October 2013

dawn whidden

A Child is Torn “Innocence Lost”A Child is Torn “Innocence Lost” by Dawn Kopman Whidden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Its been a while since I've read such a gripping story as this. I read a lot of books as a reviewer and when this one was suggested by on online friend of mine who reads a lot of thrillers I was kind of reluctant due to the book cover. Then I read the blurb. It intrigued me and the author gave me this to read an review.

I was only 1/4 of the way through when I recognised that this author has real talent. She has also written about a subject matter that kept my attention throughout.

Its not just about Brad the little boy whose parents were murdered, by him? or by someone else? you will have to read that to find out.
Its about all the different people involved, the Grandparents on both sides, the police, the school teacher, neighbour...oh endless and how interesting it all became. Yes its about Brad, then there is the leading Investigator and the Child doctor who works with troubled kids. So much in this book to keep you turning the pages.

I cannot rave about this author enough, she certainly took an unusual slant on something so misunderstood I'm in awe of her writing ability.

I've truly found another author that actually weaves a different story than the norm that is so fashionable at the moment. This book has certainly stood out in the crowd of my 134 books I've read this year.I didn't know how this author was going to conclude this book. But she did and very cleverly. If I could have stood up and gave a round of applause, I would still be standing now shouting Encore, encore.
I now have Faceless. Which I will be reading very soon.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment