Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 20 September 2013

C J SCOTT.....RUIN


Ruin by C.J. Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

* I was given this book by the author via Net Galley*

I loved the cover! I know, I know I sound shallow. But you see with your eyes first right? Then I read the blurb.
I liked what I read so applied to read it. I was granted it to read which was great.
Its a short story, didn't take me long to read it in fact.

The female in this book Kate, was great, she worked as a good character for me to start off with, then it went down hill from there really, she was DESPERATE, right at the beginning when Winter got off the bus she eyed him. When she got to speak to him, she seemed so desperate to keep him around, now that bit I found to the extreme. If someone wanted to go, they would go. She dreamt up a job for him so that he could stay! and guess what? he did!

Ok, not going to give away any more spoilers, you need to read this short story for yourself. I took it well and in good humour because it was a short story [ish] but any longer and I'd be pulling my teeth out.

Winter was the most softish guy I came across, he needed to MAN UP in some cases. I see this is book 1, so maybe book 2 he and Kate will be a little different.
Fingers crossed!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment