Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Brenda Perlin

The author has a very good way of telling a story. I found its in the first voice. What I mean is, its a lot of narration and hardly any dialogue,conversation between anyone.
I wasn't sure if I would like that or not.

I laid last night in my bed reading this, I didn't sleep too well so took up my Kindle again to read some more. I can say, I loved the storyline. We all think and blame the "other" woman for breaking up a marriage and this has made me think. However, this morning after doing my chores I didn't know if I wanted to sit and read it anymore as it was like someone writing me a letter and me reading it from a friend about her life or an experience. Except, I didn't know who she was.

I took a break, and all I could think of was, I have to see what happens next.

I've managed to read the entire book whilst waiting for our main meal to cook, then after it was all cleared away I have found finished this book!

Why am I telling you this?

Because, I like a lot of dialogue in my book reads and this doesn't hold much at all. Like I say, its like reading one looooong letter.

At the end of this book, I found I enjoyed it immensely, that has now taught me something about myself. Its also a good compliment to this author BRENDA PERLIN as she's managed to hold my attention in this book when it could have easily been the reverse! so I commend her writing. I REALLY do, I didn't give it up because of the way Brenda tells a story. She's weaved it so well I didn't know how much I liked it until the end and I've taken away some very informative material, the "other" woman, is she really as bad as we think?

I can't wait for book 2 now!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Sue for your honest review. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kindness. I am touched!!!

    ReplyDelete