Thursday, 1 August 2013

New Beginnings

Let me start off by saying, I was gifted a short story from John Miller, I thoroughly enjoyed it. {I have a review on this blog]

I met a man named Jack in this story, he was looking for a fresh start. He took a wrong turn and ended up a little lost. Due to his car overheating he was  in difficulties. Along came Susan. I could then see that Susan would feature quite a lot in Jack's life from then on. I wasn't wrong.

Its a clean story, a clean soft running "behind the scenes" romance. Nothing hot. Jack seems quite a laid back kind of character. To me, anyhow. Susan strikes me as quite feisty.

I live in the United Kingdom and never been outside of it, so Arizona and surrounding areas are not known to me or its way of life. Although Gladstone is a fictional place, its a place that seems to draw Jack in, over friendly, a kind of 'make yourself at home' type of thing. Living in the UK people are more suspicious of one another and takes ages for anyone to be accepted unless you have been brought up in that city/town, so was hard for me to get the grips of it being so over friendly and all so polite.

There is a twist in this story, I got lost at one point, but reading the other people reviews on Amazon.co.uk and .com I could see I where I missed out, I didn't get onto the wavelength at all.

This is a great well thought out storyline, John has the makings of a very successful author. I just would have liked it to be a little bit more upbeat, that is MY humble honest opinion.

Its well formatted, well edited, and I can see Johns thoughts and personality coming through on every page. I wish I knew more about Cowboy land, and horses and guns :) I am sure I would have 'got' it much more than I did.

That doesn't mean to say this is an awful book, quite the reverse, I'm not travelled so it was hard for me to grasp the unknown.

Thank you John for a lovely read. I just wish I could go and experience the 'open road' and get more light from other counties.

You can purchase this book from HERE

Let me introduce you to this handsome fella here!

"You'll be Sorry!" is my first book. I don't consider myself an author. I just had some ideas that I wanted to put down on paper. I sent this story to a few of my friends and they all agreed I needed to get this published. So I did. If you don't like the story I will be more than happy to give you their names and addresses so you can hunt them down." I'm joking". My second story Friends and Strangers is about small town life in North Carolina. I like writing about small town life because I myself grew up in Oliver Springs Tn. My mom moved me there when I was 12 and I enjoyed growing up in a small community. To this day I try and keep in Touch with my graduating class from Oliver Springs through Facebook. I now live in Kingston which is 20 miles away. But my mom is still there and when I go visit her it brings back a lot of memories of when I grew up. I just finished my third story and it takes place out in a small town in Arizona it's called Gladstone. I like the characters I created for Gladstone so much I decide to make that a trilogy series. I'm really excited about the Gladstone series and I hope you all enjoy reading it as I had so much fun in writing it. I like to write and share my ideas with friends and the public who likes a little mystery and romance and of course action and adventure. I'm not a professional writing by any means. But I hope the ones that read my stories like my imagination and characters I make up in them. In closing I would like to say.
" Be proud of where you come from, because it will reflect on what you have become today"

No comments:

Post a Comment