Saturday, 10 August 2013

GEMINI RAIN

I was given this book by the author for an honest and open review with pressure of giving anything, but, my honest opinion.

I was drawn by this book by the cover. I know it sounds shallow of me, but I do love a nice cover.
The opening of the story was very hard to get into, I got very confused at times trying to tie things in. I knew someone had died, but missed who is was, the son or the husband as one had cancer. I found myself going back over pages to try to get what I was reading into my head. I thought I was a little slow or tired, so put the put the book and picked it up the next day.

I am so glad I had another go at this, but for me, and it was not be for you, but for me.....I couldn't get 'into' this book until half way, then I was thoroughly enjoying it.

One reviewer complained about format issues, I had none in my copy what so ever.

I would recommend starting this book in a nice quiet time to make sure you 'get it', I had a lot going on in life at the time of reading this so maybe it was my mind that was at fault rather than the book.


1 comment:

  1. After the first chapter or two, depending on how long they are, if a book is going slow or I don't get it, I dumped the book. It isn't worth my time. I will not be reading this book.

    ReplyDelete