Saturday, 6 July 2013

Lovely story, fun, entertaining and heartfelt

I know I am going to sound shallow, but I was first attracted to this book by the cover. It looked fun. Obviously Grace the Maid is the one in front and her 'miss' is the pregnant lady behind, but where did the other maids in the background figure I guess.

The author gifted me this book to read in exchange for an honest review.


I cannot say how I LOVED this book enough! I can't and must not go into the storyline or it will spoil for you if you read it. 


Grace is a right character, everyone needs a Grace! She's a gossip, but in the nicest possible way, she like's to fix problems, but in the nicest possible way that she feels is right. I have to say, Grace really doesn't think things through. I found out how the maids in the background came into the picture, they were her friends and allies.


I thought the  'miss' had considerable patience, but she of course loved Grace and I am sure she knew whatever Grace came up with or thought about was for her benefit. Grace is a bit of an eaves dropper too which gets her in some pickles and really misunderstands some things she over hears. I loved the 'miss doesn't like to lick banana's' and the even with the black refuse bags. As you can tell, I really did enjoy this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment