Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Love it, love it,

I am so glad we got to open a group on Facebook for authors or I wouldn't have come across this lovely book, or this lovely author. I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I give nothing else, but, honestly.

When I read inside about the storyline, it intrigued me right away, the cover is lovely too and good on the eye, to me, that's important. Not as important as the inside reading material though. 

Its not nice to read about the abuse of a young girl at the hands of these awful men, but as the story unfolds, its not all about Phoebe, its then about the Mother. Then when an incident occurs and and another person get's involved in the equation with her children, its all about them, or is it?

I was so enthralled throughout this book I messaged the author to tell her how much I loved it, truly loved it. I was raving on our authors promote group on Facebook. Urging people to get this and read it. The write up doesn't do it justice, however, if more was said, it would give away plots, and that wouldn't be good.

E L Farris handles a delicate subject very well. Angles from not only Pheobe the child but the Mother and her guilt, her work, her ethics. Cassandra who you will later meet in the story also has had problems in the past which make this 'case' for her more recent and brings back all kinds of memories, bad memories.

The ending was not as I expected at all. I was waiting for a verdict, but it didn't happen because of........[not telling *wink*] and although I gathered who they were looking for in the later pages, it REALLY wasn't until almost at the end it became apparent if I was right or not.

I cannot enthuse about this book enough. This is my full and honest review. 
I can't wait to read more of her books, she truly has a great talent in story telling and making characters become part of you daily life, hourly life even, whilst you are reading it. I found myself questioning so many things, or events, how would I handle this, what would I have done. 

Superb job! Well written, well laid out, format perfect on Kindle. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment