Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 27 April 2013


I have just finished reading Home Front by Kristin Hannah and boy what a bumpy ride of emotions I have been on. This book drew me into the family and between Jo and her husband bit by bit, I wanted to be his granny and I wanted to be her PT. I won't tell you too much about the story, but when Jo returns home and has a limb missing this reminded me of my Dad many years ago. The struggle and the emotions and the frustrations, the blanking of family to deal with your wounds but for Jo, she didn't just loose a limb. She lost part of her life so her emotions were a lot to deal with. I could see from both sides, the husband, the wife, but I could also see from the children's point of view and the husbands Mother. This book has left me thinking what to read next as this book was so intense, what do I read now that can match this?

I would recommend this book, you will NOT be disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment