Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 26 April 2013

I am a 'carer' in my life, I look after my husband, I am also registered disabled myself, maybe that's what attracted me to this book. I also am a member of Carers UK and know of plenty of young people 'secretly' caring for their Mother or Father.

This story of this little girl brought home to me more than I wanted to know. The effects it had on her which wasn't picked up by teachers, neighbors.

One bit stood out to me, in the latter part of the book a neighbor remembers seeing this little girl struggle every week putting the rubbish/trash out for collection. She thought it strange. What I thought was strange was that she knew the mother was housebound and disabled so how could she do it, there were just the two of them in the house.

It all came to light when the Mother was hospitalized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment